Share This Article
Supporting the career of a stallion like I Am Invincible takes an ever-improving broodmare band, lush
pastures, and a team of experienced horse people. Yarraman Park’s results speak to the quality systems that support a culture of continual improvement. With a long heritage in the Australian racing industry, Yarraman Park doesn’t rest on its laurels, but works to bring the highest quality of horses to market. Arthur and Harry Mitchell are proud of the farm’s record of producing 29 black type winners since 2020 alone.
Home to reigning Champion Sire I Am Invincible, Yarraman Park Stud has a long history of breeding and selling brilliant racehorses. Yarraman Park Stud’s recent graduates include stakes winners Shuffle Dancer, Quantico, Godfather, Madeira Sunrise, King Of Sparta and highlighted by dual G1 winner Al Muthana. “Vinnie is a sire that is proven to throw top class Racehorses and our ten yearlings by him are a very good representation of his elite stock. It’s a good even draft right across the board,” said Arthur Mitchell. “People want to buy from studs that produce winners, and we are doing that with plenty of winners coming off the farm.
With seventeen yearlings in their 2023 Inglis Easter Yearling Sale draft, and ten by Champion Sire I Am Invincible, the Yarraman Park Stud draft offers an opportunity to buy into some beautiful families. With fourteen Gr1 winners, I Am Invincible is closing in on 100 stakes winners with only a few to go to get to the milestone. Only two months into 2023, and he’s already sired Gr1 Waikato Sprint and Gr1 Railway Stakes winner Imperatriz, Gr2 Light Fingers Stakes winner In Secret, Gr2 Angus Armanasco Stakes winner Shuffle Dancer, Gr3 Southern Cross Stakes winner Quantico, Listed Lonhro Plate winner Madeira Sunrise, Listed Magic Millions Cup winner Vinco, and Listed Canterbury Sprint Handicap winner I Am Me.
Yarraman Park Stud will present five I Am Invincible colts to buyers.
• Lot 71: A brother to Gr2 placed two-year-old winner I Choose You (I Am Invincible) and city winner Bella Rouge (I Am Invincible), out of group placed city winner of six races, Choose (Starcraft). This is the strong family of dual Gr1 winning sprinter Bawalaksana, group winner Damaschino, two-year-old group winner and Gr1 Blue Diamond placed Shaaheq, as well as Arbeitsam, Payroll, and Luen on Treasure.
• Lot 140: The third foal of Flying Jess (Hinchinbrook), winner of the Gr3 SAJC Sires’ Produce and Listed Magic Millions Guineas. Flying Jess is out of stakes placed winner Marites’s, from the family of Gr1 winner Dinky Flyer and Listed winner Come Fly With Me.
• Lot 143: The second foal of Gr3 winner of six races Francaletta (High Chaparral), who is a half-sister to English Listed winner Asset from the family of Gr1 winner Snowland, Champion 2YO Colt in France Myboycharlie, Gr2 winner and Golden Slipper placed Portillo, and Gr2 winner Ghisoni.
• Lot 227: A brother to Yarraman Park graduate King of Sparta (I Am Invincible) who won the 2022 Gr3 Bletchingly Stakes and recently won the Listed Falvelon Handicap followed bya narrow fourth in the G1 Oakleigh Plate and has earnings over $2.2million. This colt’s dam is Gr3 winner Octavia (Holy Roman Emperor) who has left three other winners, and is from the family of Paklani, Real Mak, Stellite, Zirconeum, and Jersey Lily.
• Lot 284: The third foal of stakes placed winner Overstep (Exceed and Excel) whose first foal Bews (I Am Invincible) is a winner this season and ran in the G1 Coolmore Stud Stakes. This is a good running family with an impressive winners to runners ratio, and stakes winners Secret Liaison, Katima, Spring Heat, Deferential, Eusebio, and This’ll Testya. The five I Am Invincible fillies represent amazing opportunities for buyers looking for racetrack success and long term residual value.
• Lot 164: The second foal of Coolmore Classic-Gr1 winner Heavens Above (Street), who was a brilliant racemare with earnings over $1million. This filly’s second dam is 12-race winner including three black type wins, Reggie (Germano), who also left stakes placed winner Pindan Pearl.
• Lot 194: A full sister to recent winner Game To Love (I Am Invincible) out of group placed winner Lady Sharapova (Fastnet Rock), from the family of Champion 3YO Filly and four time Gr1 winner Alinghi, and ill-fated top class sire Beneteau.
• Lot 220: A full sister to two-year-old stakes winners I Am Immortal (I Am Invincible) and Godfather (I Am Invincible). Yarraman Park Stud sold both stakes winners, who are out of Gr2 winner Meliora, a half-sister to Listed winner Whypeeo (I Am Invincible).
• Lot 271: A half-sister to two stakes winners; Gr1 Oakleigh Plate winner Booker (Written Tycoon) and Listed winner Banquo, out of winning mare Noondie (Flying Spur), who is a half-sister to Listed winner Tranquility, and this filly’s second dam is Listed Belmont Guineas winner Creatrix.
• Lot 272: The second foal of beautifully bred winning mare Notting Hill (Pierro) whose first foal is a two-year-old winner in the USA. Notting Hill is a half-sister to Precious Lorraine, dam of Meuse, and Lucky Raquie, and this is the stallion making family of Redoute’s Choice, Manhattan Rain, Platinum Scissors, Rubick, etc.
Yarraman Park Stud will also present seven yearlings by other stallions to buyers at the 2023 Inglis Easter
Yearling Sale, with a colt by their resident emerging sire and Gr1 winner Hellbent (I Am Invincible) one of the highlights.
Lot 169 is the third foal from winning mare Honolulu Lass (Hinchinbrook) and she is a half-sister to Gr3 winner Debellatio, and Listed winner Devoirs. Hellbent’s first crop are three year-olds and he has sired Listed winner Magic Time from only 39 winners to date.
Very early in the sale, Lot 4, is an Astern filly with huge residual value, being a half-sister to three stakes winners; California Zimbol, From Within, and Cruden Bay, and her dam Zimaretto (Anabaa) is from the family of Champion racemares Premiere Cuvee and Champes Elysees.
Described by Mitchell as a ‘beautiful staying filly’, Lot 422 is a So You Think filly who is the first foal of Tuesday Special (Snitzel), a winning daughter of four-time Gr1 winner Tuesday Joy, a half-sister to Gr1 winner Sunday Joy, dam of the outstanding multiple Gr1 winner More Joyous.
Deep Field filly, Lot 177, is the second foal of stakes placed winner Indrabeel whose first foal Madeira Sunrise won the Listed Lonhro Plate. Indrabeel is a full sister to Listed winner and Gr1 placed You’re So Good (Savabeel), from the family of Gr1 winner Melito.
Night of Thunder colt, Lot 17, is the second foal of winning mare Akhania (Dalakhani), a half-sister to Listed winner Extremis, and his second dam is Gr1 winner Fidelite.
Zoustar’s colts have been popular, and Lot 121 is out of an Exceed and Excel mare from a strong American family.
Champion 2YO and Champion 3YO Too Darn Hot’s first crop of yearlings have been hot property, and this colt, Lot 212, is a half-brother to group winner of thirteen races Charmed Harmony, and group winner Suyoof, out of a stakes placed winning half-sister to Life’s a Bounty and Miss Prospect (dam of Gr1 winner Reward for Effort).
With a long list of wonderful racehorses coming off the pastures at Yarraman Park Stud, supported by a Champion Stallion, this draft of yearlings will be highly sought after.